Reset panosol II
mish
2008-02-07 20:51:27 UTC
Hi, My young adult son has plaque psoriasis. He works construction,
out of town, different state 4 hours away. He does the light
treatments Fri, Sat and Sunday, and does the dead sea salt soaks 3-4
times a week. I had set up an appointment with his dr for next week
because his uvb machine is set up for 200 uses then it must be reset.
They, the Dr, canceled his appointment, And they do not have office
hours on Fridays. I called and asked if he went to our family
physician if he could have it reset -No. Now, he only has 6 uses left
and I made the appointment in December. It will be the end of March
for a new appointment
Does anyone have a machine (panosol II) like this and can this
function be reset or disabled. He bought the machine because his
insurance wouldn't cover it. It is 3 yrs old
It really upsets me that Drs think only their schedules are important.
And everyone else can afford to take a day off just to pay to see
them!
Thanks,
Sherry
cruiser
2008-02-08 13:53:12 UTC
Post by mish
[...]
Therapeutic light booths and beds use high output UVB bulbs.

These bulbs gradually lose their intensity with usage.

They wear out over time. They do not just suddenly burn out, going
from max output to none.

cruiser
Tim
2008-02-08 15:17:31 UTC
I don't know if all Panosol units are set up like that. That is why I
purchased a Daavin unit they do not have a limited use shut down. You might
try going to http://www.psoriasis.org/forum/index.php and log into the
forums and post it. Someone may have the code to delete the limited use
feature.